Sunday, March 2, 2014

I am a Chrtistian. I am Black. I am a Woman.

I'm always finding myself walking right into an annual identity crisis. This time I'm at a stand still as far as the theme of my blog and what I want. As far as my content is concerned. I love so much, but my dilemma is narrowed down to three major things about me:

I believe in God.
I am black.
I am a woman.

Three powerful things about me that not only makes life hard, but blogging as well.

See, the believer in me wants to reach out and touch people who need the word just as much as I, a broken vessel, does. I want to speak about forgiveness, selflessness, and loving everyone equally, just as God loves us.

But then the educated black woman comes out and I become a realist. As far as knowing my history is concerned, me learning about the origin of religion and how it was passed down to our race, and also being aware of the genocide that is against my people DUE to obvious inequality. It fills me we with such a passion, that I want to not only know more, but also teach/discuss what I know.        

And then I am a young woman. Which I LOVE. I am very proud of who we are and I plan to be as timeless and unstoppable as some of my favorite women have been and still are. And not only am I a woman, but a black woman. Which separates itself more. I want to empower black women to understand that there is such divinity in who we are and understanding what makes us so beautiful and incomparable.. *sigh*

When it comes to my blog and having a set theme for it, I become very troubled because I don't want to come off contradictory to my readers. It's hard to choose one and forget the other.

Am I making any sense???

So right now, I'm taking my time with the things I post and say. I am still very new to blogging and I want to make sure that I give you the best me I can give while remaining true to my God, my readers, and my people.

I would really appreciate your comments and your thoughts on this post. It would mean a lot.

Love.

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Very profound love! As a Christian myself, I find it difficult at times to speak on certain issues too. As you know though, prayer and meditation gives clarity. Keep it up, I'm a fan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Justin! I'm definitely in prayer about it all!! <3

      Delete
  2. Ecc chap 3 states that there is a time and season for all things look at verse 7 As long as your motive is Love you will speak again at the right time and what you say will be approapriate

    ReplyDelete